DAY 1: Kathgodam to Lohajung (215 Kms)
- Arrive at Kathgodam railway station in the morning and move to Lohajung by shared cab.
- The route will pass through some beautiful hill stations like Bhimtal, Almora, Kausani and Baijnath.
- Several peaks such Mt. Kamet with Ghori Parbat, Hathi Peak, Nandaghunti, Trishul, Mrigthuni, Maiktoli, Nanda Devi till Panchachuli group can be spotted from Kasauni on the way.
- Reach at Lohajung in the evening and check in at hotel
- Dinner and overnight at hotel
DAY 2: Lohajung to Bekal Tal (7611 – 9875 feet | 6KM)
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel/ guest house at Lohajung.
- Start our trek from Lohajung and move gradually upwards through the forests and mountain houses.
- Trek will take around 4 to 5 hours to reach campsite near a calm lake called Bekal Tal.
- If you trek in winter, the lake is fully frozen and surrounded by oak trees.
- Overnight at tent
DAY 3: Bekal Tal to Brahmatal (9875 – 10738 feet | 8KM)
- Enjoy beautiful morning and have breakfast at Bekal Tal.
- The trail will pass through thick oak forests and also leads to some steep patches.
- Today, trekking is little long to reach the campsite, carry enough water to make your esophagus wet.
- Weather conditions are very flexible on the mountains, so be ready with your poncho as snowfall can happen at any time.
- Reach Brahma Tal, set up camp and click some evening pictures.
- Overnight in tent
DAY 4: Brahmatal to Daldum via Brahmatal Peak (12618 ft.) (10728 – 9350 ft. 5 KM)
- Today’s target is to climb Brahmatal peak and reach to next campsite.
- Today we will see few major peaks of Indian Himalayas like Trishul, Nada Ghunti peak. From the top, you can see the snowcapped peaks.
- After taking some rest at the top, move to Daldum campsite.
- Overnight in tent
DAY 5: Daldun to Lohajung (9350 – 7627 ft. 3.7 KM)
- Right after breakfast, descent back to Lohajung through the same forest trail.
- On the trail, you will have regular interaction with villagers after crossing the forest.
DAY 6: Lohajung to Kathgodam
- Leave from Lohajung to Kathgodam for the journey back home.
- Accommodation at Lohajung in Hotel / Guest house (day 1 & day 5)
- Accommodation during the trek in tents (day 2 till day 4)
- All meals during the treks veg Meals (Day 1 Dinner till Day 6 Breakfast)
- All necessary permits, camping charges and any other charges related to trek
- All trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mat)
- Porters for food materials and camping equipment
- Kitchen tent with utensils and cooks
- Mountaineering certified guide throughout the trek
- Services of experienced trek leader
- Any type of airfare, bus face, train fare or airport transfers
- Meals other than mentioned in cost inclusions
- Trekking shoes and clothing or any other personal items
- Any kind of insurance, medical evacuation charges, travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages, claims of any nature, expenses of personal nature
- Any kind of Alcoholic drink or soft drink
- Any other expense which is not mentioned in cost inclusion
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances
- Personal porter to carry luggage
- Accompanied paramedic/doctor
- GST of 5% as per government regulation
Q 1: When is the best time to go to Brahmatal Trek?
A : July – September is the best time to plan for Brahmatal Trek.
Q 2: What is the maximum altitude covered during the trek?
A :The maximum altitude covered during the trek is 12100 feet.
Q 3: Is this trek safe for amateurs?
A : Trek comes under easy to moderate category and beginners can come to join this trek. This trek doesn’t require proper technical skills to complete it.
Q 4: How to deal with high altitude to acclimatize body?
A : Your cardiac and pulmonary system are affected by lower oxygen density. Our bodies must adjust to the mountain elevation gradually, or we can become ill. We suggest trekkers move with steady pace and don’t try to challenge the limits.
Q 5: How will be the weather at the time of trek?
A : Weather is so clear in the daytime and the temperature is near 3° to 11° Celsius. At night, temperature goes down to 0° or less.
Q 6: I am an only girl to book for this trek, is it safe?
A : Security of girl is important for us. We always create a friendly environment between trekkers. All are a guide and other support staff takes care of every time on the trek.
Q 7: How clean the drinking water is on trek?
A : Himalayan water considers to be the purest form of water. It is completely safe to drink.
Q 8: What type of toilet participants will get there?
A :It is not a luxury camping, Trail doesnt have any constructed toilet on the way. we will provide toilet tents while camping.
Q 9: What kind of food served during the trek?
A : We provide simple veg food to participants which are nutritious and easy to digest.
Q 10: How do we deal with emergency situations?
A : Our trek leaders are all certified mountaineer with excellent knowledge of first-aid in wilderness locations. They all carry the necessary first aid kit.
Q 11: What kind of shoes we required for this trek?
A :Trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support is required to do this trek.
Q 12: How can we reach Kathgodam?
A :Kathgodam is just 276 km from Delhi. There is the various mode of transport to reach Kathgodam, Check out the list:
By air: Pant Nagar is the nearest airport to Kathgodam at just 34 km and you can find a regular flight from Delhi for this destination.
By Road: Kathgodam is well connected by road with major cities. You can book your Volvo or semi Volvo ticket from Delhi. Uttarakhand government also runs regular bus services to this destination.
By Rail: Kathgodam is the last station in Kumaon reason, There are so many trains to that destination from some major cities like Lucknow, Kolkata, Delhi etc.
Q 13: Do I need to carry any documents with me?
A : Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- 1 High Quality Winter Jacket
- 3 High Quality Winter Fleece
- 1 Rain Cover for Body
- 2 Pair Warmers
- 3 Pair Tre/Riding Pants
- 1 Winter Cap
- 1 Pair High QualityGloves
- 1 Scarf and Muffler
- 1 Trek/Riding Shoe
- 1 Think Outer and Thin Inner Socks
- 12 Pair: Change Socks Everyday
- 1-Back Pack (50-70 lt.)
- 1-Rain Cover For Bags
- 1-Sandals Slippers for Evenings
- 2-Insulated Water bottles
- 1 trekking pole
- 2 woolen socks
- 2-Battery packs
- 2 10000 MAH BATTERIES
- 4-6 Camera Battery pack
- 1-Head lamps
- 1 Torch
- 1 Winter Face Creme/Sun Protection
- 1 Face Wash
- 1 Hand Sanitiser
- 1 Deodorant
- 1 sun protection cream with 40 SPF
Case 1- Cancellation from Customers end
- 30% of the deposit amount if cancelled 30 days prior to trip start date.
- 50% of the deposit amount if cancelled 20 days prior to trip start date.
- 100% of the Full amount if cancelled 10 days prior to trip start date.
Case 2- Cancellation due to Natural Contingency,Political Turmoil, Disaster
- No Money will be Refunded